Tuesday, May 29, 2012
We gathered our ingredients:
Plastic jar (we used an applesauce jar)
2 cups warm water
4 T. glitter glue (we used blue)
2-3 drops food coloring (we used blue)
bamboo stick/old spoon/whisk for stirring
Put glitter glue in the jar. Add the water and stir thoroughly. Add food coloring and extra glitter and stir again. Replace lid and shake jar, glitter should swirl and fall slowly to the bottom (add more glitter glue if it falls too fast). Remove cap, put a bead of hot glue around the inside of the cap and replace cap.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
2. Weekly chores. Kids pick one each week. On our cleaning day (Sunday) they are responsible for cleaning this room as well as their bedroom.
3. Daily chores. Kids pick two each week. They are responsible for doing these without prompting. Some new ones will be added when we add kids (light helper, bath helper, line leader, etc.)
4. Discipline chart. Kids must move clothespin down a notch when told to for discipline. This starts over each morning unless "grounded" has been reached.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
I started with these...
a 5x7 picture frame
hot glue gun
I painted the picture frame. While that dried, I cut 3 lengths of ribbon with pinking shears, I made one ribbon longer than the other two. With the longer ribbon, I made loops (to hold head bands) and sewed them with a sewing machine. After the frame was dried a cut the scapbook paper to fit the frame and used the stickers to spell "BOWS" and put the frame back together. I then used the hot glue gun to attach the lengths of ribbon to the bottom back of the frame.
and I ended up with this...
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Monday, August 24, 2009
So this is what I did...
I found pie plate (ours is really a cake pan b/c all I could find was glass pie pans and that WAS NOT happening!
Then I found some clearanced apple fabric. I cut two circles out (used my pan as the guide) and then sewed them right sides together leaving a small opening. I turned the piece right sides out and filled it with dried beans. I then sewed the opening closed.
After that I got a piece of brown felt (the one at the museum used foam but I couldn't find that in brown) and cut a circle out of it with pinking shears and cut diamonds in it to make it look like the pie crust. How cute will they look rolling out their pie crust with a rolling pin!
All put together it looks like this...
I'd like to find some other fruit fabric to make more "fillings" and make different "crusts" for variety. The girls are going to have so much fun with these and look so cute "making" their own pies!